Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sand Dune Park

from the bottomThese L.A. workouts are really starting to affect my self image. Apparently The Stairs weren't bad enough, so now I have The Dune to contend with. It is the same general idea as The Stairs but will a little sand thrown in for good measure, and as if sliding back a half step after every step you take wasn't painful enough, look at the orange cones dividing The Dune in half... the right side is for "adult recreation" and the left side is designated for "children's play" - so imagine yourself about two thirds of the way up, lungs burning and your heart dangerously close to exploding only to look over your left shoulder to see some five-year-old repeatedly sprinting up past you while giggling! I knew better that to even try and do this at a run and I was still huffing and puffing every time I reached the top. When all was said and done (I don't know how long we were there, I stopped when I felt like my face was about to melt off) I had only been up and down four times... ouch.
from the top

No comments: