Thursday, June 3, 2010

New York City

I made it! My internet has not yet arrived however so, until it does, you will have to be satisfied with some disappointingly blurry iPhone photos. Here is one of the front of my apartment building: I am renting a room from Elaine. Elaine is 80 years old and has lived in this apartment for 50+ years. She has a seven room apartment and rents out one of them for company. I have my own bathroom and full sized fridge, my room (and the kitchen!) is furnished, there is a dishwasher, we have a washer and dryer in the basement, there is a secure room for bikes and the building has a doorman - all these points make living in an apartment that has not been updated since 1960 well worth it :) We are near the intersection of 91st street and Broadway and the Columbia University Medical Center (the campus where I have class) is at 168th and Broadway. Initially I thought I would ride my bike to school, but then Chuck pointed out that I would be riding through Harlem so I now take a 15 minute subway ride instead. I am also sandwiched between Riverside Park and Central Park so there is no shortage of running routes! We had orientation at Columbia this past Wednesday:So now I have a couple of days to get my bearings and then, as of Monday, I will officially be a Student Registered Nurse Anesthetist (SRNA) - ahhhhhh!

No comments: