Saturday, October 4, 2008

Oktoberfest

I can't believe this festival lasts 16 days! I'm not sure I would make it out alive... Last night we drove down to Torrance for the 5th Annual Oktoberfest at Alpine Village. I put all of my Kappa Delta social experience to work and convinced Duncan to dress up with me ("everyone will be dressed up Duncan, I promise!") only to arrive and find that there were about 10 people (out of a few thousand) who had taken the flyer up on its suggestion to wear 'traditional German clothing'. However, 10 minutes, 2 giant beers and 50 photo-ops into our Oktoberfest the manager came up and asked if I would like to be a beer girl for the night. This entailed refilling the band's mugs and in return I could have all the beer I could drink and all the bratwurst I could eat - was I interested? Ummmmmm YES!!! I had to work this morning (at my real job) so we didn't get too out of hand but the manager gave us an open invitation to come back as often as possible ;)

No comments: