Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Jumpin Julie On Bullet

From Julie:

I got to live out one of my "bucket list" items this week. I got to ride in a "go get um cowboy" Gynkhana horse show. I've been taking lessons for 4 months, and I was by far the least qualified person there. All the other competitors were either teen age girls or real cowboys. So, while I didn't win any big prizes, I did get an honorable mention just for finishing some of the races while my horse (Cloudy) bucked me while galloping.

My instructor renamed me "Jumpin Julie" and she renamed Cloudy "Bullet". So, everytime I got in the ring to ride I was announced as "Jumpin Julie on Bullet".

It was one of the best days of my life! I lived out a lifelong dream and my Mom came to visit us as a beautiful butterfly that stayed with me and all the Ryder girls for at least 10 minutes...just floating in between us all and sitting on each of us. Very, Very Cool.

I'm still taking lessons...and next years video should be even better.

No comments: