Thursday, August 7, 2008

New York!

Just back from visiting Katherine and Sheldon in NYC where we managed to cram as much into two days as humanly possible... Started out at Jane Street, where Katherine is doing her summer internship.
Wow.
There are no photos from there because a) I would have looked like the biggest goober and b) all that stuff flying across about 600 computer screens is proprietary information. Uh, okaaay.....
We walked a bajillion miles, ate incredible food, saw Patti LuPone starring in "Gypsy" (omg - what a VOICE!), got lost in The Strand (way cool bookstore), Sheldon channeled Elvis at Masquerade Costumes, lunched at the Starlight Diner (complete with singing wait staff), saw Times Square, went to Little Italy and Chinatown (where we purchased really nice, reasonably priced, Gucci bags from the guy behind the fake door in the sketchy shop storage room.. again, no photos. Guess he was camera shy. Weird.)
I was inordinately proud of myself for successfully negotiating public transportation to and from the airport - yes, I do realize that many, many people do this on a daily basis. Still - I take my victories where I can. I had so much fun and our Katherine is truly a New York kinda girl!

No comments: