Sunday, August 10, 2008

Les Miserables

I got home last night from vacationing in Washington state (pictures soon to follow) just in time to meet up with Ashley and some other girls from the unit to see Les Miserables in concert at the Hollywood Bowl. I had an amazing time a few weeks ago at the Bowl so even though I had no idea what this play was about I was excited to get another chance to go... well I don't know if it was the vacation mindset, the day of travel or the three glasses of wine I had before the play even started but I could not follow the story line to save my life. I don't think it helped that we were in the nosebleed section again (it turns out that being able to see individual people on stage is far more important in a play than it was during the concert!) or that the only plot hint I was given before the music started was "it is about miserable people in France during the revolution" but I ended up listening to my ipod during the second half of the performance. Surprisingly enough, I found the play slightly less confusing with a John Mayer soundtrack.

No comments: