Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Getty Center

Duncan has a friend in town this week (Gareth) but since Duncan is not a nurse, he has to work all week which leaves Gareth stranded in his apartment. I didn't have to work today and I have been looking for an excuse to visit The Getty so I volunteered to take Gareth there this afternoon. I was on my way over to pick him up when I noticed advertising banners attached to the streetlights along Wilshire informing all of L.A. that the Getty is currently featuring sculptures by Bernini.... hmmm... why do I know that name? Where have I heard that before? And then it hit me, Angels and Demons! Bernini sculpted the Altars of Science for the Illuminati! I think this is Hollywood's subtle way of hyping the new Angels and Demons movie but I am not complaining one bit because we had an amazing time. Duncan and Gareth went to architecture school together at UF, so while Gareth was busy drooling over 'lines of sight' and other highly nerdy architect things, I was pretending to be Vittoria Vetra... it doesn't get much better than that.

No comments: