Thursday, February 18, 2010

Montana Ski Trip

You probably saw Julie's post already and I have many similar photos from the trip so I wasn't going to post about it and then I realized that she didn't even mention the best part of the vacation! On my last night we rode to a mountain top cabin on horse drawn sleighs for the best steak I have ever had that was cooked on a 100+ year old stove! I know that was a run-on sentence but it was so much fun that I don't want to leave anything out... the cabin had no electricity so we ate by candle and lantern light and they cooked with a wood burning stove. My favorite part was Walkin' Jim Stoltz - he is a long distance hiker who has spent the majority of his life trekking all over the "wild places" of the continental US. He happened to be passing through Montana and was spending a few weeks singing at the cabin for room and board. He did about ten songs for us over the course of the night and he made it feel like we were really out in the woods somewhere entertaining ourselves around the fire after a long day on the trail - it was great! Here is a picture of us in the cabin:

No comments: