Wednesday, February 3, 2010

LaBacon

When I started school as a freshman at the University of Florida we had to sign up for a .ufl email address so that the university could communicate with us newbies by email. Up until that point in my life I had shared one .aol email address with my mom and my sister that I'm fairly certain I never even went on. Suffice it to say that I had no idea of the importance email would play in my life so I was very unconcerned with picking my email address, I actually just accepted the one the university email system suggested for me which was predfiel@ufl.edu - no, it did not occur to me to add a "d" onto the end, so I spent the next four years with my primary mode of communication resembling the word "pedophile" a little too closely for my liking and having to spell it out letter by letter when giving it to someone because you really just can't pronounce "predfiel" phonetically. Laura had a bit more foresight and chose lahender@ufl.edu - this is a good choice because it logically combines her first and last name (Laura Henderson) and is pronounceable. It rolls off the tongue so nicely in fact that I took to calling her LaHender on a regular basis. Now that Laura is getting married she can no longer be LaHender because her last name will no longer be Henderson... Jay's full name is Jay Bacon Frasier IV and while LaFrasier is nice, it doesn't hold a flame to LaBacon :) A few weeks back we rented a cabin in northern Georgia for Laura's bachelorette party! Unfortunately I got strep throat a few days before the party and spent the weekend sick as a dog. I felt so terrible that I failed to take even a single picture, lucky for me that someone else managed to snap a group photo of us in our souvenir shirts:

No comments: