Friday, November 23, 2007

Turkey Day

We have many Thanksgiving traditions, one of which is trying (and failing) to not eat anything after breakfast until the turkey is ready (around 3pm). In an effort to distract us from hunger - and to make the most of us being home from school - mom has delegated to my sister and me (and whomever else is at the house that day) the task of putting up Christmas decorations. I love icicle lights and so a couple years ago I decided that we needed a set. Believe it or not, I came up against a good deal of opposition to this decision but as the person who has to climb on the roof anyway, my vote is the only one that counts! I am happy to report that the icicle lights are up and pictures will be posted soon. The other picture is of Katie and I ravaging the sweet potatoes - their timing was a bit off (they still needed to cook for about 15 minutes) but we were too hungry to wait so we scooped from the outside of the dish where they were already cooked, yum...

No comments: