Monday, October 22, 2007

Horseplay

We had lots of people in town to visit this weekend so on Sunday, once everyone had gone, Julie decided that she wanted to unwind with a little horseback riding! Julie loves horses and rides whenever she gets the chance, I have really only ridden a couple times - like when you are on vacation and you have the option of signing up to go for the afternoon which really isn't horseback riding... it is more like your horse is out for a stroll along a trail it knows by heart and you just happen to be sitting on top of it. So when Julie asked if I wanted to go with her I was excited to get the chance to come, but I was expecting more of the same: a little follow the leader around an outdoor rink or maybe a field - it was so much cooler than that! For starters it was a super clear day without a cloud in the sky, we met the owner of the barn who was planning to go trail riding with a friend of his who was visiting from the city. He took us out for close to two hours on trails through the woods on his property, about a half hour in he decided that I knew enough not to fall off and so we go the chance to do some trotting and cantering on the trails! I know we weren't at full speed but I felt like we were flying through the trees at a full gallop chasing bandits or something, it was awesome.

No comments: