Saturday, September 20, 2008

Pool Diving

     This is my second weekend of dive class. Today, Saturday, we spent the morning at the Culver City community center pool doing our last skills labs (which included maintaing neutral buoyancy, which is all the pictures of us floating cross-legged). Tony, our instructor, is wearing the yellow fins... Carolyn and Abby are there and then I am the one with 1) black fins 2) the white nike watch 3) my yellow regulator tucked up into my BCD strap 4) brown hair (Abby's is red, Carolyn's is black).
     I was having difficulty paying attention to Tony's demonstrations this morning not only because I brought my camera, but because during our dive class there was a water aerobics class going on in the shallow end of the pool and we could hear the music underwater. I was doing my very best to ignore it but when Gloria Estefan's 'Conga' came on my shoulders started shimmying of their own accord... here is a picture of the aerobics class (trust me when I say it was far more funny/mesmerizing to be watching them in action):
Tomorrow we head back out to Catalina for three more open water dives.

No comments: