Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Marissa's Mom

I'm not sure exactly where I know Marissa from... we went to all the same schools in Tampa, then we both went to UF and now we are both living in LA - we basically grew up together and while our paths have continually crossed, we haven't ever really been in the same group of friends at the same time. Now that we've found ourselves on an entirely new side of the country, we've been trying to meet up - it is always nice to see a familiar face! Marissa and her fiancee Michael moved out here a couple months ago. They live in Culver City which is really only about 15 minutes away (a lot of the nurses on my floor live there to give you an idea of the distance) but we still hadn't managed to get together until this past Saturday. Marissa's mom was in town visiting and she was flying back to Tampa later that morning but she had promised my mom that she would try to set eyes on me while she was out here (to verify that I'm not spiraling out of control) and so they invited me out to breakfast Saturday morning at the S&W Cafe. I worked the night shift Friday (7pm-7am) but I was technically free and I really wanted to see them so I figured what the heck. I was a mess, but I made it. The food was great, I got a good mom hug out of the deal and I got to meet up with Marissa and Michael - hopefully it will happen again soon!
looking tired...

No comments: