Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ibiza y Barcelona

Katie called me about a month ago to give me a heads up that she was probably going to be out on the west coast during her spring break. She didn't have many details, she only knew that she was probably going to be doing some road-tripping with friends up north and that she would love to see me if I could get time off. I got excited, told her that I would love to see her and said to just let me know when and where... a few days later I got this email:
"Hey Paige,
Holy crap you will not believe where I am going for spring break:
Ibiza, google it, you are about to be sooooooo jealous….
I love you tons, but I’m sorry this totally trumps the California road trip.
-Katie"
Can you feel the sisterly love just permeating that note? Well I could, especially after I googled Ibiza - oh just kill me now. It turns out that Katie's new BF surprised her by planning this trip and not only did she find it in her heart to ditch me, somehow the idea of the Mediterranean helped her to overcome the fact that she has spent her college career avoiding the sun like it may cause her to spontaneously combust or something. Anyways, after I got done crying myself to sleep (and mom got done cautioning Katie against strangers) I reminded her that she has a digital camera that, while covered in three years worth of dust, is good as new and not to forget to pack it so that if I couldn't be on the trip I could at least see it. She and Sheldon did a bang-up job with the pictures (cool thing: check, digitally documented: check) now all I need is for her to post them on Shutterfly and she will have officially earned the title of "blogger". However, she keeps reminding me that some of us (said in an exasperated tone reserved for small children who just can't grasp a concept) are busy and don't have time to post. So I swiped some of the pictures off of her Snapfish account - I have no further explanation of the subjects of the pictures aside from "Katie and Sheldon in Ibiza and Barcelona" but it they looked like too much fun not to share!

No comments: