Friday, July 27, 2007

Accio Deathly Hallows


I thought I was ahead of the game when I pre-ordered book seven online last fall, that way I was sure to get my copy and I didn't have to risk being out in public (where people could ruin my experience by yelling out plot spoilers) on release weekend. However I didn't count on how PAINFUL it would be to sit around waiting for the delivery guy to get to my house knowing that hundreds of thousands of people with less foresight than me were sitting at home with their books from midnight release parties at their local bookstores... curses! On the upside, I had a very productive morning trying to keep my mind off of the boy wizard. My copy finally came around 3pm and it was awesome. The delivery guy wanted to chat (about how many books he was delivering that day) but I was too exited to hold a conversation. As soon as the door closed I retreated to my room and did not emerge (aside from bathroom breaks and trips to the fridge) until midnight. I finished the book Sunday and it was everything I had imagined and more. JK Rowling is made of awesome.

No comments: