Saturday, December 10, 2011

Thanksgiving

Mom came up for Thanksgiving again this year!  She flew in and, after navigating the subway from the airport to my apartment, met up with Katherine at her office.  They had dinner and then, when I got off of work, we went to see the balloons being blown up for the Macy's Thanksgiving parade:
The next day we packed up all of our groceries and headed uptown to Emily's apartment to cook Thanksgiving dinner!  Mom was referring to us as Meals on Wheels.
Every since Thanksgiving 2008 (my first Thanksgiving after graduating from college) mom has made the trek to wherever I am to cook a huge meal for me and my friends.  We have since named this the annual Orphan Feast because she is cooking for everyone who can't make it home to their own families (they are orphans! get it?)  I am happy to report that my old California roommates have carried on the tradition - they sent me an invite to their 4th annual Orphan Feast this year :)  Here is a pic of our Thanksgiving dinner this year:
L to R: Katherine, Mom, Adeel, Emily
Not pictured: Paige, Eric
The day after Thanksgiving, mom and I took a monstrous bike ride up the Hudson River to the Little Red Lighthouse under the George Washingtong Bridge.  Then we headed up to Fort Tryon Park for brunch at the New Leaf.  A few bloody marys later mom lost her geocaching virginity.  That sentence sounds much dirtier than it actually is.  I had a big test on Monday so mom spent the remainder of her visit hanging out with Katherine - I have no pics from that part of the weekend! (hint, hint, Mom)

No comments: