Saturday, November 12, 2011

Birthday!!

WARNING: guest post by Paige's sister Katherine...

Today was my 25th Birthday!

Yesterday the festivities started with Sheldon making me an all out gourmet home cooked dinner. Growing up, my mom always made me my favorite meal for dinner on my birthday - mashed potatoes, something green like brocolli or zuchini, and meatloaf (I was SUCH a normal kid). So Sheldon decided to put a spin on the traditional b-day dinner for me. He started the meal with a golden beet salad with cumin raisin dressing, followed by bacon onion roasted brussel sprouts, homemade butter and mashed potatoes, and a bacon turkey-beef meatloaf. Everything was AMAZING (you can even ask Paige, since she took home about 10 lbs of leftovers). Then after dinner Sheldon surprised me with current favorite dessert - banana pudding from Magnolia of Sex and the City fame.

This morning, Sheldon took me on an adventure deep into the west side for Trapeze School (! - only in NYC - am I right?) We each got to go up about 5 times - this was my final attempt:



It was a ton of fun! We got to try a bunch of different moves and hang out with a few other groups of people, all of us were there for someone's birthday which made the atmosphere even more exciting and fun.

Then we met up with Paige for lunch at Sullivan St Bakery, where we all ate wayyyyyyy too much of really delish bread. I highly recommend the artichoke, yum! We decided to walk home since it was a beautiful day. Paige was planning to make a cake but we were so full that we decided we needed to wait a few hours. So we vegged out on the couch watching I Shouldn't Be Alive on Netflix (thanks Chuck!), drank a bottle of red wine (thanks Julie!) and played a game of Ticket To Ride (thanks Sheldon!) before our cake making. The final result was well worth the wait. That, and Paige shouldn't be allowed to use sprinkles:



No comments: