Tuesday, May 24, 2011

First Day at MSK

Today was my first day of clinical rotations! My first hospital is Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center on the upper east side. I had no idea what to expect this morning but it turned out to be a day of orientation (getting lockers, ID badges, getting access to the Pyxis, meeting the staff CRNAs, etc). The chief CRNA is a great guy, he did his best to allay some of our anxiety about not having seen patients in a year and I am excited for my first day in the OR tomorrow! I would like to point out that by the time we got our scrub cards this afternoon (the scrubs are dispensed out of a machine that will only give you one pair at a time to keep people from stealing them) they were out of all the normal sizes so I am wearing a size XL in that picture - sorry for the cleavage.

No comments: