Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Circle of Caring

One of the best parts about working for such a giant institution is the perks that come along with them trying to retain and "inspire" such a huge number of staff members. They have programs in place to encourage us to go to the gym, to get involved as a volunteer, to further our education... basically anything you can think of to help keep us happy and healthy (and working at maximum productivity!) This past weekend I headed off to UCLA's Lake Arrowhead Conference Center for something called the Circle of Caring retreat. It was a workshop for nurses to help us relax and learn some stress management/burnout prevention tools and while it strayed into dangerously cheesy territory at times I overall enjoyed myself. My two favorite parts of the weekend were that fact that my cottage had a wood burning fire and that to get more wood, all I had to do was pick up the phone and it would be at my door in under five minutes - just incase you forgot, things are a little different at Put.

No comments: